Amazing Friendz
Hey there! Don't you just want to be connected with many of your friends around the world, then invite them to join here, and be sure, everyone here is connected to our friendship!
Have a friendly time!!!!! ;D

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Amazing Friendz
Hey there! Don't you just want to be connected with many of your friends around the world, then invite them to join here, and be sure, everyone here is connected to our friendship!
Have a friendly time!!!!! ;D
Amazing Friendz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

[thehappinessproject]

2 posters

Go down

[thehappinessproject] Empty [thehappinessproject]

Post by Harry Styles Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Hey guys it's Kyla.
I think it's okay to say I believe that everyone is looking for happiness. But why is there many miserable people in this world? Who doesn't want to be happy? It's proven that happy people live longer and healthier lives. Our lifestyles are better than it was before, but yet we are still miserable.
Everything we can do can be linked to the result of happiness. Like if you're able to get a new house or a new car, you'd be happy.
A lot of people think we can only be happy for a reason. People sometimes think I'll be happy when I get a good grade, I'll be happy when I have a successful career. Happiness is just so simple that we miss it.
Think about a celebrity in your head. He/she has fame, fortune, and the looks. For me, I think about an actress and how many money she earns weekly. She can earn $700,000, but after a while it doesn't matter to her anymore. There was a study on the number of people who won the lottery go back to the same level of happiness before winning the money after a while. When a group of famous and rich people got interviewed, they revealed that they still felt empty. Think about it. They get lost in drugs, alcohol, and rehab.
Everybody is just too busy looking at that new top, or that new watch that these celebrities own, but don't realize what's actually happening in their lives. Money can't buy permanent happiness. Happiness is not depending on getting what you want. We keep working because what we have never seems like it's enough. Happiness can only be now.
Everybody only has a certain amount of time on Earth, and they don't realize someday you'll just disappear. There's a tomorrow but you can't relive the present. [unless you're doing the same thing tomorrow, lol] Don't wait for the future to be happy.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Self pity doesn't help the situation in any way, just let go of the past. You're not there anymore. People don't realize that when they complain or blame people they don't know that they're responsible for their own unhappiness. It's pointless to be holding on to those feelings that hold you back. Remember, your future has no room for the past.
If you didn't know, we have 60,000 thoughts a day. Most of them are negative thoughts. You're thoughts aren't always true though. You don't believe everything people say about you, you don't believe everything you see on the TV, or whatever. Suffering comes from believing your thoughts. Your thoughts can mostly tell you that you're ugly, stupid, or worthless, but like I said, your thoughts aren't always true.
There's a battle going within us. There's an army called Unhappiness which is bitter. There's another army called Happiness which is joyful. Everyday, the war goes on. The one who wins is the one you rely on.
Sometimes, your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become habits. Your actions become character.
A lot of times we focus on what we don't have than what we do have. It can be so easy to take everybody and everything for granted. Remember, there are SO MUCH things we can be thankful for.
The next time your stuck in traffic, think about the places where cars are unavailable. The next time you're lost in life and don't know what to do, think about people who had short lives and didn't know what they had to do with their lives.
The media is constantly trying to make us believe we need to be skinnier, we need to be tanner, we need more money. They try their best to make sure we're not satisfied. They just want to earn money off you.
Obviously, we're not the ugly ones. It's society that's ugly. The next time you look in the mirror, don't look at your flaws. Look at the things that make you beautiful. Other than looking at physical appearance, look at your inner appearance, and be proud. I'd say "Kyla, you have gone this far in your schooling and I'm proud of you." or "Kyla, you have passed your math test. You should be proud."
Find your purpose. Having purpose is finding what's meaningful to you. Some people say that their purpose is to be a great mother..or to be a great teacher. I realize my purpose to share lots of love and bring happiness to people.
Inspiration is what drives you out there. Follow your dreams, and live in the moment.
Kindness is just a type of happiness everyone is capable of. When we do nice things for people, something about it just sparks happiness inside us. It's within us to be good. The more you give, the more you receive.
There was a boy who once wanted to commit suicide. And on that day he wanted to kill himself. He was about to cross this road when a lady in a car flashed from across. That lady gave him the most positive and beaming smile. That smile ignited something to realize this world can't be that dark. And with something so little, it changed his mind of taking his own life.
So, give out and show acts of love. You can donate money to a charity, you can compliment someone, or you can HUG someone. It's that simple. Don't see kindness as a chore, think of it as an opportunity for you to grow.
It took me a really long time to fight with darkness. People were angry at me, and I didn't truly even know them. It broke my heart to see a lot of darkness in these people. But all you really have to do is turn on the light. Mind your own business, worry about your own life. But people just like to work their way in to people's lives.
Judgement comes from self pride, and it's destructive. So learn to control your mouth. If you don't have anything good to say, it's probably best to not say anything at all. Focus your energy on positive things rather than negative.
You CAN be happy. Happiness is actually up to you. Everyone has the ability to be happy. When your happy, nothing changes. But suddenly everything is different. Happy people tend to breathe warmth and light wherever they go. They just bring this positive energy around them. I want to be like that, I want to wake up excited and thrilled to have this amazing life.
This post is basically about how you can give happiness to the world. Eventually, like a boomerang, happiness will come back to you.
Some people pursue happiness, others create it.
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.
Thanks for reading this topic. remember, i love you.
x kyla♥
Harry Styles
Harry Styles

Back to top Go down

[thehappinessproject] Empty Re: [thehappinessproject]

Post by Zoe Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:20 pm

I agree society is ugly, and in fourth grade i will admit i wanted to commit suicide.
Zoe
Zoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Styles Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 pm

VIDEO RELATED TO THIS POST : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdGNWyq8nsQ
i got inspired to do projecthappiness when i watched this video.
Harry Styles
Harry Styles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum